Friday, February 17, 2012

Bienvenue

After months of planning and 24 hours in airports and planes, I am finally here in Toulouse.  These past few days have been kind of a whirlwind.  Friday I finished my student internship.  I went up to Fayetteville one last time over the weekend, and Monday I started packing.  While packing wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be, it was a little challenging to have to try and pack for clothes for winter, ski trips, spring, summer, school, traveling, etc. as well as things that I need for my apartment like bedding.  Somehow I managed to get it all organized and packed just in time to catch my flight. 
                Yesterday I left Arkansas and flew through Dallas and London to get to Toulouse this afternoon around four.  It was a long trip, but it went by pretty fast as I was able to sleep on the international leg of the flight.  Luckily everything went smoothly, and I experienced absolutely no problems.  When I arrived, a couple members of the Welcome Team from the school met me and several other students and brought us to our apartments.  Everyone has been very friendly and nice so far, and I can tell this is going to be an amazing semester!
                The apartment is very nice.   There is a living space with a couch and two desks, a small kitchen area, and a dining table.  The bedroom and bathroom are upstairs in a loft and are surprisingly spacious.  We are on the top floor so it is a little bit of a walk, but we have big windows and the view is nice.   It’s weird to think that this is where I’ll be living for the next four months. 
                So far, this experience has been kind of unreal.  I have been planning this for so long.  It’s hard to believe that I’m actually here and will be here for the next four months.    

No comments:

Post a Comment