Monday, February 6, 2012

It's Not Goodbye

I only have about a week left in America, and that means lots saying a lot of goodbyes.  This past weekend, I went up to Fayetteville to visit the majority of my friends one last time before I leave for Toulouse.  It was a lovely weekend.  My wonderful friends planned a surprise going away party on Friday night, and I got to see a lot of great people that I hadn’t seen in a while.
Even though I will only be gone for about four months, it’s still hard to say goodbye to everyone.  I absolutely hate goodbyes.  The French word for “goodbye” is “au revoir;” however, if you translate it directly, it means something more along the lines of “until we see each other again.”  So instead of goodbye, au revoir and I’ll see you soon! 
I will have regular access to the internet (i.e. Facebook, Skype, and email) so I would love to keep in touch!  Also, I absolutely love snail mail – both sending and receiving – so send me you address and I’ll be sure to write!  

No comments:

Post a Comment